CTE Scholarship Opportunity
Financial Aid Checklist
7 Things to Know About Financial Aid (Article)
Don't Be Scammed. You should never pay for scholarships or grants!
Financial Aid Essentials
Scholly (App for phone)
California Student Aid Commission
for grants and programs
Paying for the UC: Click Here
Tips on Scholarship Aid Searches
There are many FREE resources available to students. As students search for outside scholarships, be advised that students should never pay for scholarship information.
Listed below are 9 reputable scholarship sources:
1. Current information at the high school or community college
2. The financial aid office at each UC campus
3. The U.S. Department of Labor’s FREE scholarship search tool
4. The public or school library’s reference section
5. Foundations, religious or community organizations, local businesses, or civic groups
6. Organizations (including professional associations) related to their field of interest
7. Ethnicity-based organizations
8. The student’s or their parents’ employer
9. Scholarship web search engines
Scholarships vary in size, applications requirements, and deadlines. Students should apply broadly and continue the process of searching and applying for scholarships throughout their academic career.